December Guest Tweeter:
@Lexus | Lexus
Pursuit of Perfection
Established in the early 1980s and launched in 1989, the Lexus marque soon became associated with quality, luxury and superior customer satisfaction. The brand reputation grew quickly until, barely a dozen years after its founding, Lexus became America’s best-selling line of luxury motor vehicles. Lexus belongs to the global Toyota family, whose members together constitute the world’s third-leading automaker. We and our affiliated companies employ more than 31,000 in the United States, and our Lexus and Toyota dealers and suppliers employ an additional 160,000 persons. Toyota’s investments in the United States amount to $12 billion. More…
- @LuxuryPRGal | Christine Kirk
- @EliteTravelGal | Stacy Small
- @LuxeTiffany | Tiffany Dowd
- @MissSmartFlyer | Erina Pindar
- @FrontRowTierra | Tierra Filhiol
Some highlights from #luxurychat with @Lexus:
Q1. How does a luxury car brand uses social media while maintaining air of exclusivity?
A1. We really look to provide engagement opportunities and reach out to customers personally. Our primary social media platforms are Facebook, YouTube and of course, Twitter. We try to treat (or tweet) each customer like a guest in our own home, this is part of the Lexus Covenant. It’s about customers first. Recently we did a virtual lunch with the GM of Lexus and exclusive Lexus dinners with live tweet.
- @VegasBill: @Lexus does reach out personally to customers via twitter. I’ve witnessed this first hand and have met several IRL
Q2. How do you keep a consistent ‘voice’ in your social media? Especially if multiple people manage the account?
A2. Our brand voice comes from our core group of social media folks. We’ve got a covenant and we all try to stick to it. Based on it, we established guidelines for us to use as well as each individual dealerships - there’s a great opportunity for our dealers and we’re offering guidance as we go.
Q3. Do you ever partner with luxury hotel brands?
A3. We partner with Fairmont and have some cool luxury hybrid suites in select properties. We also partner with Pebble Beach Resorts and some cool boutique properties. Owners get special discounts, test drives, upgrades, etc. from our partner hotels.
- @FrontRowTierra: You can’t deny the power of SM for marketing luxury brands and the consumption of them.
Q4. How do you manage customer service on social media sites with such a large brand name?
A4. We have a broad base of consumers so we diversify our marketing programs for different channels. Facebook is good for reaching out to clients and Twitter is best for listening to them. We believe in going where our customers are!
- @GlaceLuxuryIce: we’ve never felt closer to the Lexus Brand as right now… a testament to social media pw
- @EliteTravelVelo: I like how the dealerships are using social media to get in contact with there customer base.
- @EliteTravelGal: As a @lexus customer I can attest to the power of social media. I tweeted praise for my salesperson and she was notified immediately and called me 10 minutes later to say thank you!
- @LuxuryPRGal: SM should be about customer service
- @golfgirl: Some luxury brands miss the social media mark by focusing exclusively on ultra-young and believing over 40 = old media
Q5. How do you plan to differentiate yourself with social media from other luxe auto brands?
A5.If we always turn to our core value of customer first, we’ll automatically differentiate ourselves. We did a fun event in various cities with family bloggers that demonstrated our safety features, check out this link to the Lexus YouTube.
- @Elite_Wellness: Its the skill, perception and maturity of a brand that allows it to multiply its reach
- @LauraDavidson: This is the new “market research”.
- @notcot: #luxurychat is making me think i need to play with more lexus’ in this new car hunt….
Q6. How do you measure ROI?
A6. We measure success through engagement, customer satisfaction, increase in fans and followers.
Q7. If your brand were a celebrity, who would you be?
A7. Four answers from each of us: NH-George Clooney, SB-Catherine Zeta Jones, ML-Justin Bieber, DR-James Franco.
Q8. Do you have any fun & interactive social media campaigns for customers planned for 2011?
A8. Our fifth hybrid, the CT 200h begs for social media. Check it out at DarkerSideOfGreen.com. We also have plans for geo-targeted campaigns in 2011.