November Guest Tweeter:
@ExclusiveResrts | Exclusive Resorts
Luxury Destination Club, Worldwide
About Exclusive Resorts:
Exclusive Resorts was founded in 2002 with one mission: to create far more rewarding vacations for club members. We accomplish this goal by combining the best things about staying in vacation homes with the best things about staying in luxury resorts—while eliminating the disadvantages of both. More…
- @LuxuryPRGal | Christine Kirk
- @EliteTravelGal | Stacy Small
- @LuxeTiffany | Tiffany Dowd
- @MissSmartFlyer | Erina Pindar
- @TierraFilhiol | Tierra Filhiol
- @leyla_a | Leyla Arsan
- @luxmextrvlchica | Melanie Schneider
To celebrate the first LIVE #luxurychat, we launched a new two-hour format. The first hour was spent discussing our host, Exclusive Resorts, and their role in the luxury market and social media. The second hour was a great discussion on the travel climate in Los Cabos and Mexico.
Some highlights from #luxurychat with @ExclusiveResrts:
Q1. What is Exclusive Resorts?
A1. ER is a destination club. A luxury destination club combines the service of luxury resorts with spaciousness of private homes, members enjoy vacations at 400 homes in 37 destinations and world class service. Check out all the places our members travel with us here, THEN add amenities like gourmet kitchens and private pools.
Q2. What are ER member’s favorite destinations? What are the new ER destinations?
A2. Our top destinations are Cabo, Tuscany, Costa Rica, New York, and Vail, members love the variety. Members love privileged access to golf courses @SeaIslandResort, Kiawah, Scottsdale, Kapalua. Our members are equally excited for ski season at our nine mountain destinations - especially our new homes in Steamboat - they are 4 bedrooms, ski in ski out at new One Steamboat Place. Beautiful decor and mountain touches!
Vdara in Las Vegas City Center is another one of @ExclusiveResrts new destinations. Members love that it’s an oasis. Non-smoking, non-gaming, best of everything with City Center nearby
- @WineChannelTV: The rooms & its chic! RT @VegasBill @winechanneltv What do u like most about Vdara @ExclusiveResrts?
- @arialv: Vdara is actually our sister property. RT@VegasBill: Great photo by @24K here.
Q3. What is the demographic of your target member?
A3. Families, vacationing in a 4 bedroom home beats staying in cramped hotel room, especially with kids! Our homes are spacious, average 3500 sq ft. Perfect for vacations with family & friends - with ER, our members never have to worry about arranging adjoining rooms
- @TeresaThotel: Especially when you travel with toddlers homes are much better that the traditional hotel suites.
- @LuxuryTravelMom: ER Kids get a private tour of Ellis Island while parents enjoy cocktails elsewhere, BRILLIANT event http://twitpic.com/37qrjn
- @TierraFilhiol: I love the fact that @ExclusiveResrts fully embraces family and engages the kids, luxury travel can include the little ones.
Q4. What is your destination club’s definition of luxury & how is your club different than others?
A4. To us, luxury means choice, space and time. What differentiates us is our portfolio of 400 homes and relationships that we builld with members. We build loyalty through club community: member events, cocktail parties, on-site receptions - one in Cabo every Monday.
- @LuxuryTravelMom: Not having to wonder if the house you’ve rented is going to be a dud (has happened to me MANY times) is luxury! Also, chef services make it a vacation for mom, not just the kids.
- @LuxeTiffany: Chef services at @ExclusiveResrts Los Cabos #luxurychat http://twitpic.com/37qkln
Q5. How do you engage members through social media?
A5.We rolled out our SM in January, we use social media to connect further with our members as well as prospective members who see tweets and Facebook comments from our existing members. SM highlights key differentiator for ER: power and value of our member community. Prospective members also read about how much our members love ER, its a real community building and brand loyalty tool.
We use Twitter to engage with the luxury travel community (All of you!) We’ve also seen a lot of PR opportunities come from Twitter, it’s been really fun. We are also focused on responsiveness on Twitter. We have members who are power users - which helps us to always stay in touch.
- @SteveCase Good to see Twitter being used to discuss @ExclusiveResrts on #luxurychat!
- @VegasBill: Using the combo of 500M people on FB & Twitter is a great social media strategy
- @EpsteinTravels: People need 2 think bigger when engaging in social media. You never know who’s listening.
Q6. How much real estate do you own, what is the average cost of the homes you own?
A6. We own $1 Billion in real estate. Our homes average about $3 million each.
Q7. Can you tell us about Steve Case’s involvement in ER’s social media efforts?
A7. @SteveCase has been a huge influence and supporter of our SM, he’s really been a great mentor for us. Steve has a special interest in luxury travel, he is a majority owner in @Miraval in Tucson. He has helped think outside the box - in fact working with something like #luxurychat was something we discussed earlier this year.
- @EliteTravelGal: Social media has opened up such new outlets for us to share our experiences, like the one here today #LuxuryChat http://plixi.com/p/57535892
Q8. Do you have a strategy for measuring ROI?
A8. We measure our ROI by member engagement, PR opportunities, new leads and new membership sales. Facebook has proven to be a great deal closer for us - check this out: http://ow.ly/3bz7g.
We use the Hubspot platform to track and measure the performance of all our SM efforts. However, as you all you know, measuring ROI in social media a challenge. We’re committed to it as a long term strategy
- @VegasBill: Remember social media is not only immediate but long-term ROI on customer engagement with brands. Also measure ROI by registrations, reduced sales cycle, links & inbound activity.
- @TierraFilhiol: It’s a matter of projected image and how far your actual reach is beyond the web. Can the brand translate?
- @kiwi_collection: A lot of times, ROI is intangible.
Q9. Tell us about your “Once in a Lifetime” program.
A9. Our Once in a Lifetime program gives members incredible travel experiences each year, it’s incredibly popular within the ER member community. This year, Once in a Lifetime took members to Antarctica, Patagonia, Provence, Australia, Africa and more.
What we’re hearing about Mexico…
- @EliteTravelGal: Cabos, Punta Mita, Rivera Maya. Best food, friendly people, fab resorts.
- @lax2nrt: I love the Rivera Maya. I am actually confused on picking a resort there as there have been so many fab new ones!
- @LuxuryTravelMom: I’ve taken my children to Rwanda, I’ve been to Haiti, Mexico is much safer…the world really isn’t so scary.
- @LuxuryPRGal: The media has hyped a lot of the crime in #Mexico. Luxury travel resorts in the country are very safe
- @CaboSella: Seems many media outlets keep hammering Mexico & forget about many other dangers in US alone, often problems are also because of travelers.
- @ExclusiveResrts: All of our residences are in private, gated communities. But common sense goes a long way - as with any traveling
- @lax2nrt: Re:Mexico security concerns, I think that is primarily in border towns and large cities. I think concerns are always with the less travelled. Mexico ia an awesome country and a great neighbor.
- @jeffrago: Just got back from a week in Nuevo Vallarta outside PV and it couldn’t have been more beautiful or felt safer.
- @UGAStephB: The best part of W. Caribbean cruises is #Cozumel port. Would be a shame to stop them bc of negative media influence.
- @LuxeTiffany: #Mexico is a fabulous #Honeymoon destination! There were nine newlywed couples on my plane from #Dallas.